Greetings from the Bluest of the Blue States


I have just returned from the bluest of the blue states, Massachusetts, the home of some of the greatest American Liberal Leaders of our time, John Adams, Paul Tsongas, Michael Dukakis, John Kerry, the great Tip O’Neil, and of course Senator Ted Kennedy, Senator Robert F. Kennedy, and the 35th President of the United States, John F. Kennedy.

After a seven hour drive I arrived at the Wyndham in North Billerica. Then it was off to the commuter train right into downtown Boston. The Red Sox were in town so I ventured down to Fenway Park, couldn’t find any scalpers, but did find some fans with an extra ticket, so I actually got to watch a game from baseball’s cathedral. It was amazing.
Natural grass, the “Green Monster”, and rabid baseball fans, something I hadn’t seen since the Blue Jays in their heyday.

The next day was even more special as I visited the Kennedy Museum at the University of Massachusetts. What an amazing place, and I went crazy in the gift shop and now have no shortage of Kennedy memorabilia. Next stop was the New England Aquarium, and then off to “The Bull and Finch”, now “Cheers”. As you can see I am sitting at Norm’s seat.

Day three was spent in Cape Cod at Hyannis Port. I visited the Kennedy Memorial right on the beach, and enjoyed some delicious New England Clam “Chowdar” and fried shrimp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home